Exceptional training solutions:
Duration 1 Day
Costing £795 per day
Group size up to 18 Delegates
We provide training for groups of staff at your premises.
This one-day combined course is ideal for you if:
You need to deliver Personal Safety training and Conflict Resolution skills training but you have limited budget or time for training. If that’s the case then this cost-effective option is right for you.
This course is aimed at all front-line staff whose personal safety could be compromised by their employment in due to their role workplace. We work with the delegates to identify and discuss situations where risks could arise and how they might cope when put under duress or in danger. We allow time for problem sharing and there are plenty of opportunities to ask questions. The course takes place in the safety of a classroom environment.
In one day you will learn how to:
- Identify the legal issues under Health & Safety and other relevant legislation
- Identify warning and danger signs which precede an attack
- Identify high risk activities
- Know how gauge levels of risk – know when it is safe to carry out duties and when to withdraw.
- Carry out a lone working dynamic risk assessment
- Use effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Use effective diffusion techniques
- Increase your own “Emotional Fitness” level when dealing with conflict/confrontation
- Carry out post incident recording/debriefing and much more
Our highly experienced/qualified Personal Safety & Conflict Management trainers will conduct a full training needs analysis to enable us to tailor this course to meet your organisation’s specific needs.
What people say about this course
We booked Brooks Jordan to deliver Personal Safety / Conflict Resolution with Breakaway Skills training for Solihull and Birmingham VTS students; and I have to say we weren’t disappointed! Chris was brilliant! He was a great speaker, and his anecdotes of personal experience of handling conflict allowed him to bring the training to life. Showing us simple breakaway techniques in case of personal attack was most useful. The training represented exceptional value and I would have no hesitation in recommending him.
Dr Ryan Prince MB ChB MRCGP
GP Trainer, Training Programme Director and Associate GP Dean – West Midlands Deanery Royal College of General Practitioners Honorary Secretary – Midland Faculty