Duration 1 Day
Costing £795 per day
Group size up to 18 Delegates
We provide training for groups of staff at your premises:
This training is fun and can be a great team building experience for staff
Delegate will be introduced to the facts around personal safety such as why some people becomes victims of violence/crime whilst other do not (Identifying the victim state).
Delegates will be taught how to be their own “bodyguard” though enhancing their knowledge/awareness skills enabling them to avoid potential danger posed by certain individuals or situation/environments.
Delegates will also be taught how to utilise the physical psychomotor skills they already possess and adapt these to deal with any physical encounter/attack
In one day you will learn how to
- Defend any physical action taken morally, ethically and legally.
- Recognising aggressive body language
- Evaluate own awareness level when out and about (home and abroad)
- Identify potential concealed/improvised weapons
- Utilise alarms for Personal Safety
- Maintain a “Personal Safety Zone” whilst managing conflict
- Managing the reaction gap and apply functional/active hands during potential conflict.
- Apply Strategies to diffuse and managing conflict
- Disengagement and escape from holds/grabs by applying safe and effective breakaway skills.
- Initiate practical effective self-defence techniques
- Defend any physical action taken morally, ethically and legally
This list is not exhaustive and other elements may be included to address any issues arising during the training
The training will be provided by trainers possessing the following experience/qualifications:
- Over 20 years’ experience of UK law enforcement.
- Martial Arts Black Belt (TAGB).
- Qualified Personal Safety & Self-Defence instructor (BJA).
- City & Guilds Security level 3 Conflict Management qualification.
- PTLLS teaching qualification.
- Edexcel BTEC level 3 award in Physical Interventions for the private security industry (for the delivery of Skills for the Security/Maybo Safer Physical Interventions SIA approved licensed programme).
We Make You Safer
What people have said about this course:
Nice to be taught by trainers who are actively engaged in law enforcement with an up to date knowledge of their subject matter.
Mike Edwards Regional Manager Pfizer Uk Ltd
This course should be compulsory for all staff. I really enjoyed the presentation and feel I have picked up some valuable tips along the way. Thank you.
Sara Webster, Manager Capital One, Nottingham